Audioboots Next 80s Mashups Comp Coming!

DJUseoDJUseo Posts: 3,471Super Moderator
audioboots-80s-promo_zpsxrfg7bdb.gif

The Audioboots 80s mashups collections we’ve released remain popular.
( Including the SoundUnsound comps )

Now, your chance to appear on the next one has arrived.

Send your Unreleased 80s mashups, using any one or more 80s artists, to either me, or Chocomang.
The Audioboots prerelease team will quickly inform you of your mix’s status.
So far, the deadline is February 15 2017.

Here’s the previous volumes -

03-80s_zpsdfogglww.jpg 02-80s_zps2hw4p6yh.jpg 01-80s_zpsvuqtjy9f.jpg

80’S MASHED VOLUME 3 The 80’s Mashup Album of 2014.

http://audioboots.com/Albums/80smashed3/

Sound-Unsounds UK 80s MASHED!

http://groovytimewithdjuseo.blogspot.com/2011/04/all-new-sound-unsounds-uk-80s-mashed.html

SoundUnsound 80s Mashed 2

http://www.groovytimewithdjuseo.blogspot.com/2012/09/soundunsound-80s-mashed-2.html

Have fun mixing, & ask us if you need any mix fodder.

80s-new-wave-promo_zpsfhqaf82y.gif
Please invite your friends and favorite mixers to join AudioBoots.

http://www.groovytimewithdjuseo.blogspot.com/

Comments

• 36 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • chocomangchocomang in the leaving roomPosts: 2,188Member
    edited December 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down

DJUseo wrote: »

Send your Unreleased 80s mashups, using any one or more 80s artists, to either me, or Chocomang.
    The Audioboots prerelease team will quickly inform you of your mix’s status.
    So far, the deadline is February 15 2017.

Great!

I 've already selected several possible mixes using Rick Asley, The Clash, Blondie and possibly 80's metal band.

giphy.gif
  • DJUseoDJUseo Posts: 3,471Super Moderator
    Mighty fine choices all. I got a swell track done with Genesis' Abacab singing over Pop Will Eat Itselfs' Can You Dig It. 80s vs 80s on that one.
    & I have another nearly finished with A Flock of Seagulls' I Ran singing over Human Leagues' The Sound of the Crowd.
    Have fun choosing, & mixing everyone. Please ask if you're looking for some mix fodder.

keys-infinty_zps7e0w9zaw.gif

Anyone ready to share the concept they're mixing?
    We're all curious, plus it will help us avoid duplications of content.

90rbwz_zpssiqzecwj.gif

I am currently mixing one with A-ha - Take on me.
    But I already have 10 demo tracks now!
  • arf...i just finished one with the same track...
    A-HA with Indochine...
    Michmash wrote: »
    arf...i just finished one with the same track...
    A-HA with Indochine...
    :-))
    I can easily forget this one, I have 10 other demo tracks...
  • i send my demo to Michiko on fb...;)
  • Hey peeps! I will be making two tracks for this comp. Almost finished with the first one, which is Prince pella 1999 over Duran Duran Girls On Film mental. I love 80's tracks, this is really great!
  • i should be in, just did one for you, but now i discover its NOT the '80 but well... 1973 !!! was really thinking early '80

the joker / steve miller band (VS eminem / my name is)

will see if i can found something else ;)
  • ok, got one (for my french friends) :smile:

alain chamfort / traces de toi VS ludacris / what them girls like
    1973 is a very large extension of the 80's :-))
  • than, should i'll give you too ?
    So happy to ready y'all are loving the 80s.
    The many tracks that have already arrived are seriously fine.
    I have a file that represents Satis5d, DJ Petrushka, AtoZ, DJ Gaya, & Sgt Mash
    with many more expected momentarily.

Deadline of Feb 15th seems entirely doable, but I'm sure we could be persuaded to add 2 more weeks, if it's asked for.

azoxk-1_zps0krbsrhn.gif

I myself have mixed 3 new tracks for my own purposes , yet each is 80s related. I am now offering all 3 plus my previous 2 to the comp, & will let others choose if they are accepted.

• Hey guys, I did start on a Yazoo - ode to boy & Cameo - Word Up, mash a while back but like most things I never got around to finishing it. I kinda gave up on the whole mash up scene cos I got pissed about never having feedback on mixes / mash ups or getting them played, Like a few around here I got C&D from a few labels and most stuff removed from YT, Soundcloud and the likes. I miss the old gybo days. I started to make videos of my mash ups and mixes but they don't get too many views tbh. Question is can I motivate my self to finish the mash up?
    @JADMIX I personally make mashup for my own listening pleasure and sometimes I share them on internet. Please share, we promise to give feedback!

• track sent... the 2 above
  • Send mine in not long ago to Useo via Facebook PM. Thinking of finishing one more so I may send that as well eventually.
    So great that youse mugs are interested. I know it would be a true honor to feature either, or both of you on this comp.
    fyi -I totally hear great tracks from you both on KOPIMI RADIO. Check his past shows here -
    http://hearthis.at.com/kopimi

I sure agree that the hosting sites' crap has been discouraging, but I'll never let them get me down. Mainly, I disregard the spurious listener numbers. Many current bootleggers tell me they have "weird" experiences with totals.

Mix stuff for yourself, & if you really love it, post it! The bootleggers even have a friendly hosting site with http://sowndhaus.com I don't think you'll get any C & D's there.

One last point is imho the main search engines recently initiated a thorough wipe of mashups & bootleggers. I regularly do searches to confirm the track info of stuff in my sets, & posts, & it's obvious the info is gone.

Persistence will always win, especially through numbers. As long as you don't claim copyrights, you can post away, legally! I know I do.

james-stewart_zpsbsjbkckp.gif

The new deadline was set to March 1st!

You have 15 more days to make awesome 80's mashups.
    Most of the ordering was done, thanks to Useo hard work. I am currently doing the track ordering. Disk 1 and 2 are almost done.

We will have 3 disks and at something like 54 tracks!
    Here is the playlist proposal:

Disc 1
    1 01 All-Star Relaxation ( Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax 1984 vs Smash Mouth - All Star 1999 ) - Eternal Khaos
    1 02 My Name Is The Joker ( Steve Miller Band - The Joker 1973 vs The Police - Walking On The Moon 1979 vs Eminem - My Name Is 1999 ) - DJ MXR
    1 03 Lonely Dance Hall Days ( Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days 1983 vs The Police - So Lonely 1978 ) - Oki
    1 04 Every Black Hole Sun You Take ( The Police - Every Breath You Take 1983 vs Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun 1994 ) Chocomang
    1 05 How Will You Mean ( Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? 2015 vs Whitney Houston - How will I know 1985 ) - Amoraboy
    1 06 Maybe I Call The Boy From The Smiths ( the smiths – the boy with his thorn in his side 1986 vs Carly rae jepson – call me maybe 2012 ) - rillen rudi
    1 07 Titanium Arms ( Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms 1986 vs David Guetta ft Sia - Titanium 2011 ) - Eternal Khaos
    1 08 Everything She Wants Is Amazing ( Wham! - Everything She Wants 1984 vs Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are 2010 ) - Spider
    1 09 Use Me If You Think You'Ve Heard This One Before ( The Smiths - If You Think You've Heard This One Before 1987 vs Hinder - Use Me 2008 ) - Chocomang
    1 10 The Peoples Cult ( Night People - You Me At Six 2016 vs Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil 1983 vs Living Colour - Cult of Personality 1988 ) - Happy Cat Disco
    1 11 Dark Animal Illusion (Radio Edit) ( Def Leppard - Animal 1987 vs Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion 2016 vs Avicii - Fade Into Darkness 2011 ) - Satis5d
    1 12 Welcome To The Photograph ( Def Leppard - Photograph 1983 vs Guns n' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle 1987 ) - Chocomang
    1 13 I Want To Work Free ( Queen - I Want To Break Free 1984 vs Tears For Fears - The Working Hour 1985 ) - Eternal Khaos
    1 14 Want A New Black Horse ( Huey Lewis And The News - I Want A New Drug 1983 vs KT Tunstall - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree 2004 ) - Michmash
    1 15 We Care A Lot About The Way It Is ( Bruce Hornsby – the way it is 1986 vs Faith No More – we care a lot 1985 ) - rillen rudi
    1 16 Dance Short Amadeus ( Falco - Rock Me Amadeus 1985 vs 20 Fingers ft gillette – Short Dick Man 1994 vs Afrika Bambaataa - Just Get Up And Dance 1991 ) - Rudec
    1 17 Cats In Japan ( Alphaville - Big In Japan 1984 vs The Cure - Love Cats 1983 ) - Chocomang
    1 18 Lisz To Me ( Human League - Don't You Want Me 1981 vs Phoenix - Lisztomania 2009 ) - Assal
    1 19 The Sound Of I Ran ( Human League - Sound Of The Crowd 1981 vs A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran 1982 ) - DJ Useo
    1 20 Can't Fade The Feeling ( Visage - Fade To Grey 1980 vs Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling 2016 vs Dr. Alban - It's My Life 1992 ) - Smash

1:20:02

Disc 2
    2 1 Shape Of Situation ( Yazoo - Situation 1982 vs Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You 2017 ) - Smash
    2 2 Oh My Don't Gosh ( Yazoo - Don't Go 1982 vs Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh 2004 ) - Chocomang
    2 3 How Old Are You, Troublemaker ( Miko Mission - How Old Are You 1984 vs Olly Murs - Troublemaker 2012 ) - Joan Caramba
    2 4 Tarzan Boy Just The Way You Are ( Baltimora - Tarzan Boy 1985 vs Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are 2010 ) - Smash
    2 5 1999 On Film ( Duran Duran - Girls On Film 1981 vs Prince - 1999 1982 ) - DJ Petrushka
    2 6 Can't Feel My Superfreak ( The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face 2015 vs Rick James - Superfreak 1981 ) - Amoraboy
    2 7 Shine Love ( Sharon Redd - Love How You Feel 1983 vs Luther Vandross - Shine 2006 ) - Assal
    2 8 Don't Look Any Wot ( Captain Sensible - WOT 1982 vs Dennis Edwards - Don't Look Any Further 1984 ) - Chocomang
    2 9 I'm Not Gonna Let You In A Fast Car ( Jonas Blue - Fast Car 2016 vs Colonel Abrams - I'm Not Gonna Let You [Soul Train May 3, 1986] 1986 ) - Ayee
    2 10 Frozen Puppets ( Demi Lovato - Let It Go 2013 vs Metallica - Master Of Puppets 1986 ) - Rudec
    2 11 Wild Ones In The Free World ( Flo-Rida ft Sia - Wild Ones 2011 vs Neil Young - Rockin' In The Free World 1989 ) - Eternal Khaos
    2 12 Little Boys ( Boy – Little numbers 2011 vs beastie boys – no sleep till brooklyn 1986 ) - rillen rudi
    2 13 Mama's Tiger ( Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger 1982 vs LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out 1990 vs Kelly Clarkson - Stronger 2011 ) - Voicedude
    2 14 Famous Phat Planet ( Leftfield - Phat Planet 1999 vs Bros - When Will I Be Famous 1987 ) - DJ Useo
    2 15 I Can't Slave To The Rhythm ( Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm 1985 vs Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) 1981 ) - Oki
    2 16 Man In Untouchable Motion ( John Parr - St Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) 1984 vs Tritonal x Cash Cash - Untouchable 2009 ) - Satis5d
    2 17 I Won't Back Adventures ( Will Powers - Adventures in Success 1983 vs Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - I Won't Back Down 1989 ) - AtoZ
    2 18 Good Master Blaster ( Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster 1980 vs Owl City - Good Time 2012 ) - Chocomang
    2 19 Purple Globe ( B.A.D - Globe 1991 vs The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Purple Haze 1970 ) - DJ Useo

1:23:23

Disc 3
    3 1 Traces Girls Like De Toi ( Ludacris - What them girls like 2008 vs Alain Chamfort - Traces de Toi 1986 ) - DJ MXR
    3 2 Play On Me Boy ( A-ha - Take On Me 1985 vs Indochine - Play Boy 2009 ) - Michmash
    3 3 Footloose Skank ( Fatboy Slim - Rockafeller Skank 1998 vs Kenny Loggins - Footloose 1984 ) - DJ Daw Gun
    3 4 Billie Jeans Gota Temper ( Prodigy - Baby´s Got A Temper 2002 vs Michael Jackson - Billie Jean 1982 ) - Skibilibop
    3 5 Bad Bad Boys ( Wham! - Bad Boys 1983 vs Michael Jackson - Bad 1987 ) - Spider
    3 6 Sound Or Go ( David Bowie - Sound and Vision 1977 vs The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go 1982 ) - DJ Useo
    3 7 Radar Cars ( Gary Numan - Cars 1979 vs Golden Earring - Radar Love 1973 ) - Oki
    3 8 Magical Vanilla ( The Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death 1987 vs Corona - Magic Touch 1998 vs Billy Joel - Uptown Girl 1983 ) - DJ Gaya
    3 9 You Got It (The Right Gun) ( Chvrches - Gun 2013 vs New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) 1988 ) - Eternal Khaos
    3 10 Can't Stop The Six Two Eight Feeling ( Europe & Karisma - Six, Two, Eight 1985 vs Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling 2016 ) - Ayee
    3 11 Venus At Seventeen ( Bananarama - Venus 1986 vs Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen 1981 ) - Satis5d
    3 12 Can U Dig Abacab ( Pop Will Eat Itself - Can U Dig It? 1993 vs Genesis - Abacab 1981 ) - DJ Useo
    3 13 I Need Adventures ( Michael Boddicker's End Theme for The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension 1984 vs The Beatles - I Need You 1965 ) - AtoZeo
    3 14 Sensual Fallin' ( Kate Bush - The Sensual World 1989 vs Tom Petty - Free Fallin' 1989 ) - DJ Petrushka
    3 15 Groovy Ballet ( A Rainy Bridge ) ( XTC - Ballet for a rainy day 1986 vs Simon & Garfunkel - The 59th Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) 1967 ) - AtoZ
    3 16 Superstylin' World ( Groove Armada - Superstylin' (Riva Starr Edit) 2016 vs Devo - Beautiful World 1981 ) - DJ Useo
    3 17 I Kissed A Hero ( Bonnie Tyler - I Need a Hero 1984 vs Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl 2008 ) - Amoraboy
    3 18 I Got Someone Like You ( Men Without Hats - I Got The Message 1982 vs Paul Oakenfold - Someone Like You 1998 ) - Sgt Mash

1:18:29

Total: 4:01:54

• satis5dsatis5d Posts: 107Member
    Great looking lineup.
    Sgt Mash bitched me out for his track being last. No worries, he bitches me out no matter what's going on. Lol.

So hard to wrap my mind around so many tracks. Absorbing this playlist, & musing on how fine it is.

bow_1.gif

• vipfmvipfm Posts: 360Member
    looks great
    I think the release should happen soon. Tweaking all seems to have been successful.

The playlist final

Disc 1
    1x01 All-Star Relaxation ( Frankie Goes to Hollywood vs Smash Mouth ) - Eternal Khaos
    1x02 My Name Is The Joker ( Steve Miller Band vs the Police vs Eminem ) - DJ MXR
    1x03 Lonely Dance Hall Days ( Wang Chung vs the Police ) - Oki
    1x04 Every Black Hole Sun You Take ( The Police vs Soundgarden ) - chocomang
    1x05 How Will You Mean ( Justin Bieber vs Whitney Houston ) - Amoraboy
    1x06 Maybe I Call The Boy From The Smiths ( the Smiths vs Carly Rae Jepson ) - rillen rudi
    1x07 Titanium Arms ( Cutting Crew vs David Guetta ft Sia ) - Eternal Khaos
    1x08 Everything She Wants is Amazing ( Wham! vs Bruno Mars ) - Spider
    1x09 The Peoples Cult ( Night People vs Mötley Crüe vs Living Colour ) - Happy Cat Disco
    1x10 Dark Animal Illusion (Radio Edit) ( Def Leppard vs Lady Gaga vs Avicii ) - satis5d
    1x11 Welcome To The Photograph ( Def Leppard vs Guns n' Roses ) - chocomang
    1x12 Do You Really Want To Run With The Devil ( Culture Club vs Van Halen ) - DJ Useo
    1x13 I Want To Work Free ( Queen vs Tears For Fears ) - Eternal Khaos
    1x14 Want A New Black Horse ( Huey Lewis And the News vs KT Tunstall ) - Michmash
    1x15 We Care A Lot About The Way It Is ( Bruce Hornsby vs Faith No More ) - rillen rudi
    1x16 Dance Short Amadeus ( Falco vs 20 Fingers ft gillette vs Afrika Bamba ) - Rudec
    1x17 Cats In Japan ( Alphaville vs the Cure ) - chocomang
    1x18 Lisz To Me ( Human League vs Phoenix ) - Assal
    1x19 The Sound Of I Ran ( Human League vs A Flock Of Seagulls ) - DJ Useo
    1x20 Can't Fade The Feeling ( Visage vs Justin Timberlake vs Dr. Alban ) - SMASH

Disc 2
    2x01 Shape Of Situation ( Yazoo vs Ed Sheeran ) - SMASH
    2x02 Oh My Don't Gosh ( Yazoo vs Basement Jaxx ) - chocomang
    2x03 How Old Are You, Troublemaker ( Miko Mission vs Olly Murs ) - DJ Joan Caramba
    2x04 Tarzan Boy Just The Way You Are ( Baltimora vs Bruno Mars ) - SMASH
    2x05 1999 On Film ( Duran Duran vs Prince ) - DJ Petrushka
    2x06 Can't Feel My Superfreak ( the Weeknd vs Rick James ) - Amoraboy
    2x07 Shine Love ( Sharon Redd vs Luther Vandross ) - Assal
    2x08 Don't Look Any Wot ( Captain Sensible vs Dennis Edwards ) - chocomang
    2x09 I'm not gonna let you in a fast car ( Jonas Blue vs Colonel Abrams ) - Ayee
    2x10 Frozen Puppets ( Demi Lovato vs Metallica ) - Rudec
    2x11 Wild Ones In The Free World ( Flo-Rida ft Sia vs Neil Young ) - Eternal Khaos
    2x12 Little Boys ( Boy vs Beastie Boys ) - rillen rudi
    2x13 Mama's Tiger ( Survivor vs LL Cool J vs Kelly Clarkson ) - Voicedude
    2x14 Famous Phat Planet ( Leftfield vs Bros ) - DJ Useo
    2x15 I Can't Slave to the Rhythm ( Grace Jones vs Daryl Hall & John Oates ) - Oki
    2x16 Man In Untouchable Motion ( John Parr vs Tritonal x Cash Cash ) - satis5d
    2x17 I Won't Back Adventures ( Will Powers vs Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers ) - AtoZ
    2x18 Good Master Blaster ( Stevie Wonder vs Owl City ) - chocomang
    2x19 Purple Globe ( B.A.D vs the Jimi Hendrix Experience ) - DJ Useo

Disc 3
    3x01 Traces Girls Like De Toi ( Ludacris vs Alain Chamfort ) - DJ MXR
    3x02 Play On Me Boy ( A-ha vs Indochine ) - Michmash
    3x03 Footloose Skank ( Fatboy Slim vs Kenny Loggins ) - DAW-GUN
    3x04 Billie Jeans Gota Temper ( Prodigy vs Michael Jackson ) - Skibilibop
    3x05 Bad Bad Boys ( Wham! vs Michael Jackson ) - Spider
    3x06 Sound Or Go ( David Bowie vs The Clash ) - DJ Useo
    3x07 Radar Cars ( Gary Numan vs Golden Earring ) - Oki
    3x08 Magical Vanilla ( The Godfathers vs Corona vs Billy Joel ) - DJ Gaya
    3x09 You Got It (The Right Gun) ( Chvrches vs New Kids On The Block ) - Eternal Khaos
    3x10 Can't Stop The Six Two Eight Feeling ( Europe & Karisma vs Justin Timberlake ) - Ayee
    3x11 Venus At Seventeen ( Bananarama vs Stevie Nicks ) - satis5d
    3x12 Can U Dig Abacab ( Pop Will Eat Itself vs Genesis ) - DJ Useo
    3x13 I Need Adventures ( Buckaroo Banzai vs The Beatles ) - AtoZ
    3x14 Sensual Fallin' ( Kate Bush vs Tom Petty ) - DJ Petrushka
    3x15 Groovy Ballet ( a Rainy Bridge ) ( XTC vs Simon & Garfunkel ) - AtoZ
    3x16 Superstylin' World ( Groove Armada vs Devo ) - DJ Useo
    3x17 I Kissed A Hero ( Bonnie Tyler vs Katy Perry ) - Amoraboy
    3x18 I Got Someone Like You ( Men Without Hats vs Paul Oakenfold ) - Sgt Mash
    3x19 Use Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before ( the Smiths vs Hinder ) - chocomang

The release date is set to Sun March 26, 2017

http://audioboots.com/Albums/80smashed4/
  • satis5dsatis5d Posts: 107Member
    Sgt Mash bitched me out for his track being last. No worries, he bitches me out no matter what's going on. Lol.

I would count it an honor to have my track as the finale. That's a great spot!
    satis5d wrote: »

I would count it an honor to have my track as the finale. That's a great spot!

Yeah! Me too.