"Everybody Gets Pudding !! (( I Eat Wood . . How About You ? ))" -- Robin Williams vs Manu Dibango

DmRofAtoZDmRofAtoZ Posts: 30Member
edited May 2015 in Videos Vote Up1Vote Down
Tagged:

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • chocomangchocomang in the leaving roomPosts: 2,188Member
    I don't know if this is a mashup, but it is an excellent tribute video to Robin Williams.
  • DJUseoDJUseo Posts: 3,471Super Moderator
    It's technically a mashup, but probably more accurately a bootleg mix.
    In any case, I think it's one of the best I ever saw.
    It even tears me up, at the thought of Robin's absence.

The video is magnificent, & the audio is a huge treat.
    It's amazing how AtoZ achieved such clarity, & even-ness with all those many samples.

Kudos to youse, AtoZ!
    Please invite your friends and favorite mixers to join AudioBoots.

http://www.groovytimewithdjuseo.blogspot.com/
  • chocomang wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a mashup, but it is an excellent tribute video to Robin Williams.

A strict "Inst A + Pella B = Mashup" ?, .. no . .
    ( what, I've done maybe 3 like that ? . . heh-heh )

But there's certainly sung phrases overlaid upon a different backing, and I was recently reminded when readin' some comprehensive "History of The Mashup Scene" that there's been more than a few off-shoots of mashing . . things that folks call "collage", and what Europeans apparently do call "bootlegs" . . .and such.
    Whatever the correct genre terms may be, it's still the same kind'a pieces I started puttin' together in 1997 !

I only decided "Hmm . . . these masher folks . . . they just might accept me as some sort of left-field grizzled ol' weird wizard of sonic smashing.

Seems to have nearly worked so far . . until chocomang caught me, that is !!

';'

• DJUseoDJUseo Posts: 3,471Super Moderator
    It's not a true mashup until someone complains "Hey! You wrecked my favorite song!" Rofl.
    :cursing:
    Please invite your friends and favorite mixers to join AudioBoots.

http://www.groovytimewithdjuseo.blogspot.com/