Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

YITT - Carly Rae Jepsen vs. NIN - I Really Like A Hole (duet mix)

YITTYITT CaliforniaPosts: 53Member
edited April 2015 in Videos Vote Up0Vote Down
I made a 2nd mix of my 'I Really Like A Hole' song soon after the first. After doing the classic A+B, I wanted to hear what a duet style mix would sound like, so I played around with the vocals of both tracks. I eventually got something out of it that was kind of fun, and then made a music video for it, as I always like to do when I can.

People took to it far more than I expected, it landing in TIME and MTV news articles 2 days after I uploaded it. Billboard covered it in an article not long after, as well as news sites, blogs, and radio stations all over the web. Who knew lightning would strike twice for Carly and Trent?

It's highly possible that its sudden spread across the web could have been a marketing ploy by the powers that be who wanted Carly Rae Jepsen to remain in the news in any way possible, but a ton of viewers really, really, really, really, really, really got musical enjoyment from it, and that should really be all that matters.

Comments